There are many great recipes for your baker : )
Vegetable Pot Roast
Place the roast in the baker. Add potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, salt and pepper. It isn’t necessary to add water. Place lid on top. Put into 325°F oven for 2-3 hours, depending on how large the roast is. Remove roast and vegetables from bowl. Use broth to make gravy to pour over veggies and roast.
Super Bowl Short Ribs
4 lbs. Boneless beef short ribs
16 oz. Tomato sauce
1-cup dark brown sugar
½ cup soy sauce
2-3 med red onions coarsely chopped
3 Tbls. Cinnamon
Remove all visible fat and slice into 2 inch strips about ½-¾ inch thick. Place in baker and add other ingredients, which have been mixed together thoroughly. Cover with the lid and bake at 325° for 2 hours, stir occasionally.
Note: The meat and vegetables are constantly basted and held in their own juices. Everything cooked in this "clay baker" will be flavorful and tender and will have plenty of broth for gravy if you like.
Place roast in the baker and pour 1 can of coke and 2 cups of catsup over it. Put the lid on top. Cook for about 30 minutes per lb. Optional: Add onions and pressed garlic. If there are any leftovers, just shred and mix with the
sauce and you have BBQ for a couple of meals.
Burgundy Pot Roast
Place the roast in the baker. Add 1-cup burgundy wine, 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce and 1 pkg. dry vegetable soup mix. Cover with lid and bake 3-3 ½ hours. Serve hot over egg noodles.
Round Steak and Mushroom Gravy
Place round steak in baker. Add 1 can mushroom soup and 1 can water. Cover with lid and bake in 350° oven for about 1 hour.
French Beef Dip
3- 6 lbs. Boneless beef (any cut)
3 cans beef broth
1 pkg. onion soup mix
2 cans or bottles of beer
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp. Dried or minced, fresh garlic
Put all ingredients in baker and cook covered at 200° – 250° at least 6 hours, till meat shreds and is very tender.
Chuck Roast with Gravy
Mix 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic soup and 1 can Coke (or combine 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup, 1 pkg. Lipton's Onion Soup mix, and 1 can Coke). Place roast in the baker and spread soup mixture over roast. Cover with lid. Bake in 350°F oven for about 2 hrs.
Barbecued Chicken, Pork Chops, Etc.
Place your choice of meat in baker. Pour your favorite barbecue sauce over all. Cover with lid. Bake at 350°F until done.
Chicken Pot Pie
Simmer a couple of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, let cool and cube. Microwave cubed potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, green beans or peas. Combine with cornstarch-thickened chicken broth (from the simmered chicken), and pour into pie crust lined baker (you can use Pillsbury ready made) then top with the other crust, crimp, brush with milk, sprinkle with herbs, sesame seeds, or a little Parmesan, and bake at 350° about 40 min.
Mix one can of whole berry cranberries w/ can of cream of mushroom soup and one packet of onion soup mix. Pour over top of chicken in baker. Cover with lid, place in oven; bake for 1-½ hours at 425.
Chicken and Vegetables
Place chicken (skin on or off) in baker. Place chopped onion, celery and carrots around chicken. Sprinkle with ½ package of Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix. Place lid on top. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Lemon Garlic Chicken
Place whole roasting chicken in baker with one whole lemon and one head of garlic (unpeeled) in cavity of chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and cook for 1-½ hours at 425°. (Try with an orange too.)
Roasted Turkey Breast
Place turkey breast in baker; place 6-8 small red skinned potatoes, halved, around turkey. Add ½ cup white wine and 2 cloves pressed garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid. Bake at 350°F for 1-½ hours. Uncover for last 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Honey Mustard Chicken
Place roasting chicken in the baker and pour fat free honey mustard dressing over the top. Cover with lid. Roast for 1-½ hours at 425°F.
Place whole chicken in baker, pat dry. Using pastry brush, brush on a thick coat of Apricot Jam. Pour a can of pineapples over chicken with some maraschino cherries. Cover with lid and bake for 1-½ hours at 375°. Use juices from chicken as gravy. Serve with white rice and a green vegetable.
No Peek Chicken
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 pkg. long grain and wild rice (w/seasoning pkt)
1 can each: cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup
1 can water
Combine rice, seasoning from box, both cans of soup and 1 can water in baker. Place chicken on top and cover with lid. Bake at 350° for about 2 hours. Makes a wonderful tender chicken dish with great rice and gravy. (Try it with pork chops too!)
Italian Roast Chicken
1 whole chicken
1 large fresh tomato
15 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp. dried thyme
6 garlic cloves, crushed
Remove all visible fat from chicken (do not take the skin off). Season with salt and pepper. Rub interior with one crushed garlic clove. Place chicken on its back in baker. Slice tomato in half horizontally and squeeze to remove the seeds and juice. Chop tomato and arrange around chicken. Sprinkle with crushed garlic, basil, thyme, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour tomato sauce over. Cover with lid, cook at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove lid and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
Smoked Sausage with Vegetables
Cut Smoked Sausage into chunks and place in baker. Add 1 cup water, quartered potatoes, carrots, quartered cabbage, and (any vegetables you like). Top with lid. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are done.
Pork Chops and Gravy
Place pork chops in baker. Mix one can of cream of mushroom soup with ¼ cup white wine and 2 cloves pressed garlic. Cover chops with soup mixture. Cover with lid. Bake at 375° for 1-½ hours.
Pork Chops and Rice
Empty contents of purchased rice/pilaf mix (Uncle Ben's) into baker. Add water according to package directions. Place pork chops on top of rice and sprinkle seasoning mix on meat. Cover and bake for 1-2 hours at 350°.
Mushroom Pork Chops
Empty 1 can of cream of mushroom soup into baker. Crush clove of garlic; mix in ¼ cup white wine. Place thick sliced pork chops on top, cover with lid. Bake 325°F for 45 minutes.
Place the butt portion of a ham in the baker. Top with lid. Place in 350° oven for 2 ½ - 3 hours. You may glaze ham in last 30 minutes of cooking with pineapple and brown sugar glaze.
Pork Chops and Stuffing
2 cups Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing dry mix (gold package)
1 can (10 ¾ oz) condensed 98% fat free cream of celery soup
¼ cup finely chopped onion
¼ cup chopped celery
½ cup frozen corn kernels (may use canned)
4 boneless lean pork loin chops (4-5 oz each)
1 tbls packed brown sugar
1 tsp spicy-brown mustard
Heat oven to 400°F. Brush inside of Deep Covered Baker with oil. Mix stuffing, soup, corn, onion and celery. Spoon into Baker. Arrange pork chops in a single layer over stuffing. Mix brown sugar and mustard; spoon over pork chops. Bake at 400° F. for 30 minutes or until pork is done. Makes 4 servings.
Brown Rice Casserole
2 cups long-grain rice (not instant)
4 cans beef consommé’ (not beef broth)
½ stick butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
Preheat oven to 350°. Chop onion with Food Chopper. Combine rice, consommé, chopped onion, and butter in Deep Covered Baker. Cover with lid and bake for approximately 1 hour, until all liquid is absorbed. Half way through, stir rice thoroughly.
Salsa “Fried” Potatoes
In a medium bowl mix together 1-cup salsa, 1 small can of black olives and 2 cloves pressed garlic. Chop ¼ cup fresh cilantro; add to salsa mixture. Slice 4-5 potatoes and mix with the salsa mixture. Place the potatoes in baker and cover with lid. Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove the lid and grate the cheese over the potatoes. Bake about another 10 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender and cheese is melted.
Baked Potato Curls
Peel and slice 4 potatoes and place them in baker. Chop 1 bunch green onions (tops only) and place in medium bowl. Fry 4-5 strips of bacon and chop into fine bits, add to green onions. Press 2 garlic cloves into bowl and mix with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, ½ cup sour cream, and ½ stick of melted butter. Mix together and pour over potatoes. Cover with lid and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
Place peeled and sliced potatoes in baker. Melt ½ stick butter; add 1 Tbsp. Good Season's Italian Salad Dressing Mix. Pour over potatoes. Cover with lid and bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until done. While potatoes are baking, fry 2-3 strips of bacon until crisp. Chop bacon. Remove potatoes from oven when done and sprinkle bacon over top along with a cup (more or less) of shredded
cheddar cheese. Replace top and set aside to allow cheese to melt. Serve and enjoy!
Garlic Cheese Potatoes
Place peeled and sliced potatoes in baker. Melt ½ stick butter with 2-3 cloves pressed garlic. Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle 2 chopped scallions over potatoes and ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese. Cover with lid and bake at 400° for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove top and let brown.
“Canned” Peach Cobbler
2 cans cling peaches, un-drained
1 yellow cake mix
1 stick butter
1. Open peaches with Smooth Edge Can Opener. Pour in Deep Covered Baker.
2. Sprinkle cake mix powder over peaches.
3. Melt butter in Small Micro-Cooker in microwave for one minute.
4. Pour butter evenly over the cake mix.
5. Bake at 350° for one hour.
Easy Peach Cobbler
½ cup butter or margarine
1 ½ -cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup milk
29 oz. can sliced peaches w/juice
Preheat oven to 375°. Place butter in bottom of baker. Place in oven just long enough to melt the butter. Remove from oven when melted. Sift flour, sugar and baking powder into Classic Batter Bowl. Then add milk. Mix well with whisk to make a batter. Pour the batter over the melted butter. Heat the fruit and juice. Pour the warm fruit and juice over the batter. DO NOT STIR. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes. The butter will creep through the fruit and make a crust on top. Note: Any desired fruit or berry will work.
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Favorite Pampered Chef Seasoning
(Like: Chipotle, BBQ, Citrus & Basil, Rosemary, etc)
Put the chicken breasts in deep covered baker and spritz/rub with Garlic Infused Oil sprinkle with pepper, a little salt, and Seasoning then microwave for 12 minutes. You don’t need to do anything but wash them, season them and place them in the baker; you don’t flip them over or anything else. Take them out and serve.
Pork Chops, Steaks, Boneless ribs, and of course chicken all up to 1inch thick will cook in 11-12 minutes without turning them over.
TIP: IF you are unsure of doneness, until you do several recipes use the POCKET THERMOMETER to check your meat.
Chicken - take out of the microwave when it has reach 165 degrees. Let rest with the lid on for 10 minutes and the temperature will rise to 170 degrees!
• Boneless chicken breast – 10-12 minutes
o Chicken Parmesan (coat chicken, cook 6 minutes, then top with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese and cook for 2 minutes or until done. Serve with noodles and salad, and then serve leftovers on top of hoagies for a quick lunch.
o Italian Chicken – slice zucchini and bell peppers into to the bottom of the baker, top with chicken breast then top with Italian dressing, then serve leftovers in a lg tortilla with lettuce, cheese and tomato for a quick lunch.
o Slice into thin strips, mix with thin stripes of onion and bell pepper, cook 4 mints, then mix in salsa, Lipton onion soup mix and water – serve with flour tortillas.
• Leg Quarters – 18-20 minutes
o Cover with barbeque sauce and cook
o Cover with teriyaki sauce and cook
• Chicken legs – 12-15 minutes
o Cover with sweet and sour sauce
o Chicken Cacciatore - Slice peppers and onions and out in the bottom of the baker, top with legs and cook 6-7 minutes, top with spaghetti sauce
• Whole Chicken – 30 minutes
Top with olive oil and rosemary and herb seasoning, then stuff lemon slices and onion in the chicken cavity. Put diced pots on the bottom of the baker, drizzle with EVOO and rosemary seasoning, sit chicken on top and cook.
1 whole chicken (3 1/2-4 pounds)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1. For chicken, lightly spray Deep Covered Baker with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Trim excess fat using Kitchen Shears, if necessary. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of chicken. Place chicken onto Cutting Board; brush with oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush.
2. For seasoning mixture, combine ingredients in Prep Bowl; mix well. Completely coat outside of chicken with seasoning mixture. Place chicken, breast side up, into baker.
3. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 25-30 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 165°F in thickest part of breast and juices run clear. Remove from microwave. Cover with lid and let stand 10 minutes (temperature will rise to 170°F).
Yield: 4-6 servings
All-in-One Chicken Dinner: Prepare chicken as directed above and place into baker. Combine 1 cup each celery and carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces, and 3 cups red or russet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces, in Classic Batter Bowl. Toss with additional seasoning and oil, if desired. Arrange vegetables around chicken. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 35-40 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 165°F in thickest part of breast and juices run clear. Remove from microwave. Cover with lid and let stand 10 minutes (temperature will rise to 170°F).
Use our Pampered Pantry rubs and seasoning mixes to give alternate flavors to your chicken.
Lightened-Up 30 Minute Chicken - Carefully remove skin from chicken; season as recipe directs. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 20-25 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 165°F in thickest part of breast and juices run clear. Remove from microwave. Cover withlid and let rest 10 minutes (temperature will rise to 170°F)
Nutrients per serving: Caolores 330, Total Fat 15g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 135 mg, Protein 44g, Sodium 420 g, Fiber 0g.
Smoky Buffalo Chicken Wings
24 chicken wing drumettes (2 ½ - 3 lbs)
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vegetable oil
¼ cup buffalo wing sauce or Louisiana-style hot sauce
2 tbls Smoky BBQ Rub
Celery and Dip
4 large stalks celery
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
¼ cup (1 oz) blue cheese crumbles
1. For wings, trim excess fat and skin using Boning Knife. Place wings into Deep Covered Baker; season with salt. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 8 minutes. Turn wings over using Chef’s Tongs. Microwave on HIGH 7-10 more minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180°F when inserted into meatiest part of wings alongside bones and meat is no longer pink.
2. Meanwhile, for celery and dip, cut celery stalks in half crosswise, then lengthwise using 5” Santoku Knife. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and black pepper in Small Batter Bowl. Whisk until blended using Stainless Whisk. Gently stir in blue cheese; set aside.
3. Carefully remove baker from microwave and remove lid, lifting away from you. Drain wings in Colander. Add oil to 12” Executive Skillet; heat over medium -high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Place wings in skillet; cover with Splatter Screen. Cook 4-6 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning frequently.
4. Combine hot sauce and rub in 6 qt. Stainless Mixing Bowl; add wings and toss to coat using Master Scraper. Transfer wings to Serving Platter. Serve immediately with celery sticks and dip.
Southwest Chicken & Rice 1 1/2 lbs. Chicken boneless/skinless
1 small onion
1 pepper (orange, yellow or red)
2 Tbs. Garlic Oil
2 Tbs. Chipotle Rub
2 Tbs. Butter/margarine
3 1/2 cups water
1 Tbs. Southwest Seasoning Mix
1 Family size Rice A Roni Spanish Style (or 2 regular boxes)
1/2 small Velveeta Mexican Cheese
In Deep Covered Baker place chicken, brush with oil and sprinkle with Chipotle Rub. Cover with lid and cook in microwave for 12 minutes. In Large Family Skillet, add 1 Tbs. garlic oil, chopped onion and peppers. Sauté until tender then add 2 Tbs. of butter and the Rice A Roni. Brown vermacilla, add water and seasoning pack and Southwest Seasoning. Cook on low until done. Remove baker and chop chicken with Salad Chopper. Cube cheese and add to chicken. Mix well, add to Rice Mixture & serve immediately. Enjoy. YUMMY!!!
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
1 poblano pepper
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1/4 tsp salt
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups thick and chunky salsa
4 cups broken tortilla chips
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
1. Remove stem and seeds from poblano pepper using Utility Knife; slice into thin strips. Arrange poblano strips evenly over bottom of Deep Dish Baker. Thinly slice chicken using Utility Knife. Combine chicken, seasoning mix and salt in Classic Batter Bowl. Arrange chicken over poblano strips. Cover baker with 15-in. square of Parchment Paper, tucking corners of paper under baker. Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes; stir using Mix 'N Scraper(R) to separate chicken strips. Cover; microwave an additional 4-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
2. Drain and rinse black beans using small Colander. Stir beans and salsa into chicken mixture. Gently stir in tortilla chips with Small Mix 'N Scraper(R). Grate cheese over baker using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears; sprinkle over casserole.
Cook's Tip: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be substituted for the chicken thighs, if desired.
Southwestern Chicken Salad
4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1 head green lead or iceberg lettuce, chopped
1 can black beans, drained
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 lime, juiced
4 oz. block cheddar cheese, shredded
Lime Flavored Tortilla Chips
Combine 1 cup ranch dressing with 1 tbls southwestern seasoning
Pour lime juice over cooked and chicken breasts seasoned with southwestern seasoning. Allow chicken to cool before adding to salad. Shred lettuce, drain black beans, drain tomatoes, chop red bell pepper, and shred cheese. Combine all ingredients in large bowl and serve. Crumble tortilla chips over top.
Chicken and Rice
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 box rice roni
Put the chicken on the bottom, then rice, then seasoning, then water (amount on the box – think it is 3 cups). Put on the lid and microwave for 25 minutes.
Microwave White Chicken Chili
3 whole heads garlic (about 48 cloves), unpeeled
¾ tsp salt, divided
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
2 poblano peppers
1 medium onion
1½ lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 cans (15.5 oz each) Great Northern beans, drained
1 jar (16 oz) salsa verde
1. Using (5-in.) Santoku Knife, slice about 1/4 in. off the pointed top of garlic heads to expose cloves. Place garlic cut side up in Classic Batter Bowl. Sprinkle garlic with 1/4 tsp of the salt and drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil. Cover batter bowl with lid; microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until garlic is soft. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, finely dice peppers using Santoku Knife. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Combine peppers and onion in Deep Covered Baker. Trim and finely dice chicken using Boning Knife. Add chicken, seasoning mix, remaining 1 tbsp oil and remaining 1/2 tsp salt to baker; mix well using Master Scraper. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4 minutes; stir to separate chicken. Cover; microwave an additional 4-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, gently squeeze cooled garlic from heads into batter bowl (discard skins); mash using Mix ‘N Masher. Add beans and salsa to batter bowl. Transfer bean mixture to baker; mix well. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until chili is heated through.
Yield: 8 servings (8 cups)
Cook’s Tip: Taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the Southwestern Seasoning Mix, if desired. Omit salt. Serve this chili with optional toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, lime wedges, diced avocado or chopped cilantro. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be substituted for the chicken thighs, if desired.
2 medium onions
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 Tbsp. Chipotle rub
1 package fajita-size flour tortillas
8 oz block Monterey jack cheese
8 oz. Sour cream
1 bag tortilla chips
1 or 2 fresh Avocado or (12 oz. Prepared guacamole)
For the fresh Salsa (pass around make in the bowl)
4 fresh tomatoes
1/4 medium onion
1 fresh jalapeno pepper
1 clove garlic
Slice up onions and peppers; place in bottom of Deep Covered Baker. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. Chipotle Rub. Sprinkle additional 1 Tbsp. Chipotle rub over both Sides of chicken and place chicken breasts on top of vegetables. Cover and microwave for 10-15 minutes.
Place flour tortillas in mini baker, cover with foil and put in the oven to warm at 250°. (or warm in the micro cooker in the microwave for about 1 minute). While the chicken is cooking, place all salsa ingredients in the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl and chop with the salad chopper.
Use avocado peeler and mix & masher to mash avocados, add a bit of finely
chopped onion, fresh garlic, salt and pepper. You can also add a finely chopped tomato if you like.
Turn the small Dots bowl upside down and place the medium Dots Bowl on top. Place in Large Square Bowl (with Woven Basket). Put the salsa in the top bowl and
Surround with tortilla chips. Cheese goes into the small SA bowl, guacamole in the other. Place in caddy. When the chicken is done, remove peppers and onions to the 2nd Medium Dots Bowl. Leave chicken in DCB with the broth and chop with the Salad Chopper.
15-Minute Chicken Fajitas:
1 large yellow onion
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning
1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Fajita-sized flour tortillas
Optional: lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos for garnishing.
1. Grate cheese using Rotary Grater and set aside in Bamboo Square Bowl.
2. Slice tomatoes using v-blade of Ultimate Mandoline and place with cheese.
3. Remove seeds and membrane of jalapeno peppers using Core ‘n More. Chop with Food Chopper. Place in one cup of Simple Addition Trio Bowl.
4. Place salsa and sour cream into remaining cups of Trio Bowl.
5. Roll tortilla shells into round “tubes” and place upright in Trifle Bowl.
6. Spritz Deep Covered Baker thoroughly with oil using Kitchen Spritzer.
7. Flatten chicken using Meat Tenderizer.
8. Slice onion and peppers into wide slices using Forged Cutlery Chef’s Knife and place into Deep Covered Baker.
9. Press garlic cloves on top of peppers using Garlic Press.
10. Press 1 lime on top of peppers using Citrus Press.
11. Toss to coat using Mix ‘n Scraper.
12. Place chicken on top of vegetables.
13. Sprinkle generously with Southwestern Seasoning to cover chicken completely.
14. Cover with lid and microwave for 12 - 14 minutes, testing for doneness in thickest part of breast until Pocket Thermometer registers 165° F and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from baker; let stand 5 minutes.
15. Remove cover carefully. Using Salad Choppers, chop meat and vegetables in Deep Covered Baker and stir into mix.
16. Serve with tortillas, sour cream, salsa, cheese and optional condiments.
Mexican Chicken Lasagna
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
¼ cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
2 cups (8 oz) shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
1 can (28 oz) enchilada sauce
12 (6”) corn tortillas
3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
2/3 cup chopped onion
Additional chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
1 - Place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until very soft. Add cilantro and 1 ½ cups of the Monterey jack cheese; mix well. Spread 2/3 cup of the enchilada sauce over bottom of Deep Covered Baker. Pour remaining enchilada sauce into large bowl; set aside.
2 - To assemble lasagna, dip four tortillas into enchilada sauce in large bowl and arrange over sauce in baker using Sauté Tongs, overlapping as necessary. Scoop half of the cream cheese mixture over tortillas using Small Scoop; spread evenly. Top with 1 cup of the chicken and one-third of the onion. Repeat layers one time. Dip remaining four tortillas into sauce and arrange over second layer. Top with remaining chicken and onion. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over lasagna and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Monterey jack cheese.
3 - Microwave, covered on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until center is hot. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with additional chopped cilantro.
Moroccan Chicken Pasta
2 boxes of Olive Oil and Herb Pasta-Roni
1 red bell pepper
1 small red onion
1 ½ -2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tbls Moroccan Rub
1 tbls olive oil
1 tbls garlic infused canola oil
1 - Place 4 cups of water in Rice Cooker Plus, place in microwave uncovered for 5 minutes.
2 - Cut the onion and red pepper in strips and place them in the Large Micro Cooker with 1 tbls garlic infused canola oil.
2 - Remove Rice Cooker Plus from microwave and add 1 tbls olive oil, pasta, and seasoning packets, place back in microwave, covered for 8 minutes. Place the Large Micro Cooker in microwave for 4 minutes.
3 - Place the chicken in the Deep Covered Baker and sprinkle with 1 tbls Moroccan Rub, cover and microwave for 12 minutes.
4 - Use the Salad Choppers to chop up chicken. Add 1 tbls Moroccan Rub to pasta and place on serving platter, add chicken, and then add onion and bell peppers on top.
EASY CHICKEN NACHOS
1-2 lbs of boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1-2 tbls of Chipotle Rub
1 tbls Garlic Infused Canola Oil
1 bag of favorite Corn Chips or Tortilla Chips
1 large jar of mild salsa
1 small Mexican flavor Velvetta Cheese
3 roma tomatoes
1 bunch of green onions
2 large yellow onions
8 oz container of baby Bella mushrooms
Sour Cream - optional
In Deep Dish Cranberry Baker, place chicken breast, brush with Garlic Infused Canola Oil, Sprinkle chicken with Chipotle Rub. Cook in Microwave 12 minutes. Remove from Microwave Chop inside baker with Salad Chopper to the desired consistency. Meanwhile, Cut Onions with Mandolin, Slice Mushrooms with Egg Slicer Plus, sauté in 8 or 10 inch sauté pan or grill pan. Cut and 1/4 Tomatoes with Tomato Knife. Place Cheese on Small Bar Board and cut into 1 inch slices. Place chips onto Large Rectangular Tray with Handles or Use Large Bar Pan. Put chicken on top of chips, then add ALL Salsa on top of chicken, Place onions and mushrooms on top of Salsa, top with Velveeta Cheese Slices, Place in Microwave Oven for 2-3 minutes to melt cheese. Then Serve, Guest can top nachos with Green Onions, Tomatoes, and Sour Cream. YUMMY
Microwave Quick Turkey Chili
This quick and easy turkey chili is packed with flavor and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
1 cup chopped onion
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup diced green bell pepper
1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed
¾ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (16 ounces) chili beans in sauce, undrained
½ cup hot water
1. Using Food Chopper, chop onion and jalapeño pepper. Dice bell pepper using Santoku Knife. Place vegetables in
Deep Covered Baker; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until tender.
2. Add turkey, oil, garlic and salt; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, an additional 5-6 minutes, stirring halfway through
and breaking turkey mixture into crumbles.
3. Add seasoning mix and flour; mix well to coat. Stir in tomatoes, beans and water. Microwave, uncovered, an additional 12-14 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring once halfway through cooking.
Yield: 6 servings
(Light) Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g,
Protein 25 g, Sodium 970 mg, Fiber 8 g
Pork Tenderloin - take out of the microwave when it has reaches 160 degrees. Let rest with the lid on for 10 minutes and the temperature will rise to 165 degrees!
• Top with Asian seasoning – serve with rice and egg rolls, then serve leftovers in left wraps or pork fried rice or onto of a salad.
• Top with Barbeque seasoning – sever with mashed pots and salad, then serve leftovers on buns with BBQ sauce
• Top with Southwest seasoning – serve with Spanish rice and beans, then serve leftovers in nachos, quesadillas or fast family fajitas.
Barbecue Pork Tenderloin
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Smoky Barbecue Rub
Ingredients for Miniature Barbecue Pork Sandwiches or Barbecue Pork Salad
1. On Large Grooved Cutting Board, trim fat and silver skin from pork tenderloin using Boning Knife. Brush with oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Place pork into Deep Covered Baker, tucking narrower end under to create a uniform thickness. Evenly rub pork with barbecue rub.
2. Cover baker; microwave on HIGH 6-10 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 150°F, checking temperature at 6 minutes and then at every 2-minute interval. Remove baker from microwave; let stand, covered, 10 minutes (temperature will rise to 160°F for medium doneness). Prepare sandwiches or salad, if desired.
Cook's Tip: This recipe can be easily doubled. Place two tenderloins into Deep Covered Baker; microwave on HIGH 8-12 minutes as directed above.
Four boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-6 ounces each) can be substituted for the pork tenderloin. Microwave as directed, testing for doneness in thickest part of breast until Pocket Thermometer registers 170°F and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from baker; let stand 5 minutes.
Miniature Barbecue Pork Sandwiches: Cut 1 medium onion into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange onion slices over bottom of baker. Prepare pork as directed previously; place over onion and microwave as directed. Cut pork into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange sliced pork evenly over 8 small rolls; top pork with onions. Spread about 1 teaspoon Smoky Barbecue Sauce over top half of each roll; top sandwiches and serve.
Barbecue Pork Salad: Prepare pork as directed. For dressing, combine 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing and 1 teaspoon Smoky Barbecue Rub. Cut pork into strips. Thinly slice half of a medium red onion. In large bowl, combine 1 package (7 ounces) iceberg lettuce salad mix and 2 cups cole slaw mix; top with onion, 1 cup thawed frozen corn and pork. Drizzle with dressing, serve on Simple Additions(R) Medium Square.
Smoky Barbecue Sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons Smoky Barbecue Rub
2 teaspoons cider vinegar or white vinegar
Combine ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue rub and vinegar in (1.5-qt.) Saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Serve sauce on sandwiches; reserve remaining sauce for another use.
Yield: 1 1/3 cups sauce
Smoky BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES
1 1/2 - 2lbs of Boneless Skinless Breast
2 TBS Chipotle Rub
1 TBS GARLIC INFUSED CANOLA OIL
Smoky BBQ Sauce
Grilled Onions/Mushrooms/Peppers (optional)
Place Chicken in Deep Covered Cranberry Baker
Brush chicken with Oil. Then shake seasoning over chicken. Place lid on Baker and Microwave for 12 minutes. Take Salad Chopper and cut chicken to desired consistency. Pour in BBQ SAUCE!!!
Stir and place on rolls.
Add mushrooms/onions/peppers to sandwich.
20 minute BBQ Ribs
Our Deep Covered Baker allows you to prepare barbecue ribs in the microwave, cutting their cooking time in half. They’re hearty, delicious and the perfect recipe for quick football season entertaining!
1 rack (2½-3 pounds) pork loin back ribs (baby
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
¼ cup water
Smoky Barbecue Sauce
1 cup ketchup
¼ cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons Smoky Barbecue Rub
2 teaspoons cider vinegar or white vinegar
For ribs, remove membrane from rack of ribs using Boning Knife (see Cook’s Tip). Season both sides of ribs with salt and black pepper. Cut between each bone to separate rack into individual ribs. Arrange ribs, cut side down, in two layers in Deep Covered Baker. Add water. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 8 minutes. Turn ribs over. Microwave on HIGH 7-10 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 160°F when inserted into meatiest part of ribs alongside bones and ribs are no longer pink. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue rub and vinegar in (1.5-qt.) Saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
Transfer ribs to Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl. Add 1 cup of the sauce and toss to coat. Heat Grill Pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Place ribs onto pan; cook 4-6 minutes or until grill marks appear, brushing with remaining sauce and turning once. Transfer ribs to a serving platter.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 590, Total Fat 38 g, Saturated Fat 14 g, Cholesterol 155 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Protein 31 g, Sodium 1430 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook’s Tip: The membrane found underneath the rack is not only tough, but it also holds in excess fat. Removing the membrane helps to render out the fat during cooking. To remove the membrane, lay the rack meaty side down. Using the tip of the Boning Knife, gently cut under the membrane on one corner. Using a paper towel, grasp the corner of the membrane and gently pull it away from the bones. Trim any visible fat along the underside of the rack.
Ingredients for the meat sauce:
1/2 lb. mild Italian sausage
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 chopped yellow onion
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 minced garlic cloves
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp pepper
2 Tbs. steak sauce
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
two 1-lb. jars spaghetti sauce
Grate 1/12 cups Parmesan Cheese, set aside.
Grate 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, set aside
Chop onions and green pepper with Food Chopper. Mince garlic with Garlic Press. In 12-inch skillet, brown sausage and ground meat, using Mix n’ chop to break up meat. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add onions, green pepper and garlic. Add 2 TBSP Italian Seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes. Add 2 jars spaghetti sauce, mixing well.
In Large Batter Bowl, mix:
15 oz. ricotta cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated with Micro plane Adjustable Grater
1 Tbs. chopped parsley
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
In Deep Covered Baker, spoon in a layer of meat sauce. Add a layer of no-cook lasagna noodles. Sprinkle noodles with some of the Parmesan and Jack cheeses. Add a layer of the filling, using several spoonfuls spread evenly per layer.
Repeat the sequence of sauce, noodles, cheese and filling. Be sure you finish with the ricotta mixture on top, since it will seal in the cheese and keep it from becoming rubbery in the microwave.
Cook 15 minutes on high, then 20 minutes on medium. Top with more Parmesan Cheese. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with mini serving spatula or Small Turner.
*Note: This can also be prepared in the oven in either the Deep Covered Baker OR the Rectangular Baker. Cook uncovered at 375 degrees for one hour. Let rest for 15 minutes.
BEEF ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
1 LB ground beef
1 10oz can enchilada sauce
1 tsp southwestern seasoning
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup water
½ cup chunky salsa
12 yellow corn tortillas
¼ cup snipped fresh cilantro
1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
1. Combine beef, seasoning mix and salt, cook till no longer pink.
2. Add enchilada sauce, water and salsa. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
3. Cut tortillas into 1 inch strips and chop cilantro
4. Arrange half of the tortillas evenly over the bottom of the Deep Dish Baker, top with half the beef mixture, half cheese and half cilantro. Top with remaining tortillas, beef mixture, cheese and cilantro.
5. Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes.
Beef Pot Roast in the Microwave:
-2-3 tsp olive oil or Garlic Infused Canola Oil
-3 ½ - 4 pounds boneless chuck roast
-1 onion, chopped with food chopper or sliced with the ultimate mandolin (On one occasion, I was out of onion and substituted a pouch of onion soup mix and -2 -3 Tsp. of water. I sprinkled the mix over the roast and added the water to provide moisture. Use less salt if doing this)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed with garlic press
- Pampered Chef Seasoning rub of your choice to taste. (We used bell pepper/herb)
- 1 tsp coarse (kosher) salt -I keep mine in a prep bowl & add in pinches like the TV chefs
- ½ -1 tsp freshly ground black pepper (use grinder)
- Approximately ¼ - ½ cup flour for coating the roast
- Worstershire sauce as desired
1. Rub meat with a little oil, sprinkle with seasoning rub (& rub into meat), salt and pepper. Dredge in flour to coat all sides.
2. Heat Family Skillet or Grill pan on top of the stove over medium high heat. Add oil, and sear meat in the center of the pan for 4 minutes. Turn meat over with chef's tongs; sear all sides for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove meat from pan.
3. Meanwhile, Arrange onion & garlic in the bottom of the deep covered baker, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add meat to baker, sprinkle Worstershire sauce on top of meat, and cover.
4. Cook in Microwave (with turntable and at least 1000 watts power) on high, 40-45 minutes.
5. KEEP LID ON BAKER TO PRESERVE STEAM FOR MOISTNESS.
6. Remove roast to a platter to rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Slice, and top with onions and gravy.
If cooking in the oven….Preheat oven to 325°F and cook for 30 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 300°F and cook for 1 ½ - 2 hours more.
1 1/2 pounds pre browned hamburger
1 pound package mostacholi noodles, (I use the small ones, we have different sizes of them here)
1 (11oz.) can Cheddar cheese Soup (I use Campbell's) + 1/2 water
1 1/2 jars (30 oz, each) spaghetti sauce
1 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
3-4 cups fresh grated Mozzarella cheese (I like to use 1/2 mozzarella & 1/2 parmesean)
Stir all together in a bowl, it will be soupy! Then, I put it all in the DCB and microwave it for 35 minutes, or until the noodles are done.
3 chicken breast
3 - 5-inch smoked beef sausage – sliced
1 package of Zatarain’s jambalaya mix
Water per package directions
Cover and bake in the microwave – 25-30 minutes
2 cans apple pie filling
1 box white cake mix
2 sticks of butter
In Deep Covered Cranberry Baker, dump both cans of apple pie filling, next dump on top box of white cake mix (not prepared).
Pour 2 sticks of melted butter over cake mix, then sprinkle with caramel sprinkles. (as much or little as you choose.)
Microwave with lid off for 9-11 minutes until cake is cooked (depends on microwave)
Mom’s Apple Crisp
4-6 Granny Smith apples
8 graham crackers (2 ½ x5 inches), finely chopped
¾ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup quick or old-fashioned oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
½ cup butter or margarine, melted
Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
1. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half; place in Baker.
2. Finely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker; microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Add butter; mix well.
3. Sprinkle graham cracker mixture evenly over apples. Microwave on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender, rotating dish after 6 minutes. Cool slightly; serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Molten Lava Cake
1 cake mix of your choice
Plus the ingredients to make it on the back of the box (egg, oil, water)
1 container of frosting
Mix cake mix as box tells you to. Then using the medium scoop, scoop 10- 12 scoops on the top of the cake. DO NOT mix it in! Just leave it as it and NO LID! Bake in Microwave for 10-12 minutes. Most microwaves it is only 10 minutes. But, you'll know it is done when the cake looks like a done cake. The frosting sinks to the bottom. Scoop and serve with ice cream!
Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
1 loaf (16 oz) egg bread, such as challah (about 12 cups cubed)
3 red baking apples such as Jonathan
1 tbsp butter
2 cups plus 1 tbsp milk, divided
1 cup heavy whipping cream
6 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp Double Strength Vanilla
¼ tsp salt
1 package (14 oz) caramels (about 48), unwrapped
½ cup toasted pecan halves
Apple Blossom Garnishes (optional)
1. Lightly spray Deep Covered Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Slice bread into 1” cubes using Bread knife; set aside. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/ Corer/ Slicer; cut slices into quarters using Utility Knife. Zest lemon using Microplane Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tsp zest. juice lemon using Juicer to measure 1 tbls juice. Melt butter in 10” Executive Skillet. Add apples, lemon zest, and juice. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until apples are softened.
2. Meanwhile, combine 2 cups of the milk and cream in the Easy Read Measuring Cup. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until hot. In 6 qt. Stainless Mixing Bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and salt; mix until well blended using Mix n’ Masher. Gradually add milk mixture to eggs while continually whisking. Gently stir bread cubes into milk mixture; toss gently to coat using Small Mix ‘n Scraper.
3. Place caramels and remaining 1 tbsp milk in Large Micro-Cooker. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring after each 30-second interval. Set aside ¼ cup of the caramel mixture. To assemble bread pudding, place half of the bread mixture into baker. Top with half of the apples and drizzle with remaining caramel. Top with remaining bread mixture and apples. Cover baker and microwave on HIGH 15-16 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 155° F in center; let stand, covered for 10 minutes in microwave. (Temperature will rise to at least 160° F.) Uncover baker and drizzle with reserved caramel. Coarsely chop pecans using Chef’s knife; sprinkle over bread pudding. Serve immediately.
Cook’s Tip: If desired, 2 teaspoons vanilla can be substituted for the double strength vanilla.
To toast pecans, spread over bottom of Small oval baker. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted, stirring after each 30 second interval.
For a quick sauce, melt vanilla ice cream and spoon onto serving plates. Top with bread pudding.
Apple Blossom Garnishes
Cut 1 red baking apple in half lengthwise using Santoku knife; remove stem and seeds using Cook’s Corer. Cut each apple half crosswise into ¼ “ thick slices, place cut side down into Small Oval Baker, keeping apple halves together. Microwave on HIGH 2- 2 ½ minutes or until apple slices are softened. Roll up two apple slices together to create each blossom shape.